Vehicle-Specific towing electrics Programming Service
Jacques Towbar & Leisure Services offer a complete diagnostic and coding service using electronic equipment manufactured by Westfalia Automotive. Westfalia the inventors of the towbar are EU and global leaders in towbar technology and electronic re-coding equipment.
This state-of-the-art diagnostic tool is specifically designed for towbar fitting, guaranteeing that your vehicle’s control unit is set correctly and your towbar interacts with all the computer systems and safety features built into your vehicle.
In addition, we only use manufacturer approved vehicle specific wiring kits to guarantee, quality, safety and peace of mind. No need for expensive, main dealer, downloads and sky high labour charges–everything can be re-coded by us as part of your towbar installation.
Vehicle Specific Wiring.
Modern vehicles are increasingly equipped with advanced electronic systems with specific features and settings to aid towing.
Our Diagnostic Equipment will facilitate re-coding (where necessary) for the following fittings:
- Fog Light Cut Out. This feature turns out the vehicle’s fog lights when a trailer is plugged in.
- Parking Sensor
- Modern vehicles are increasingly equipped with advanced electronic systems with specific features and settings to aid towing. Our Diagnostic Equipment will facilitate re-coding (where necessary) for the following fittings:
- Cut Out. This feature turns off the reversing sensors when a trailer or caravan is plugged in.
- Instrument Display Indication. This feature utilises a light on the instrument panel to indicate trailer signalling is working.
- Bulb Failure Detection. This feature can detect when a bulb is not operating on the trailer or caravan.
Trailer Stability Program.
More and more modern vehicle are fitted with Trailer Stability Program. This programmer detects ‘snaking’ whilst towing a trailer or caravan and messages the vehicle’s braking and engine management system to adjust and regain control. Fitting dedicated towing electrics to your vehicle guarantee you car and caravan work together to keep all the vehicle safety system work together.
Jacques Towbar & Leisure Services use the latest towbar configuration and diagnostics tools to test your electrical wiring once the job is complete. We visually demonstrate to our customers that all aspects of the towbar installation are working correctly and comply with manufacturers’ instructions
If you would like any help or advice about any of our products or services, please contact us.
Or you can call us on: 01904 406 321